Where Should You Begin Your Search to Find the Right Painting Contractor
for Your Home in Nassau or Suffolk County?
Asking Good Questions is a Great Place to Start
Unfortunately, some painting contractors will say just about anything to land a project.
My name is Anthony Vlachos and I don’t work that way.
Over 80% of our painting projects come from referrals and from past clients that ask us to do additional projects for them. I believe this is a strong indicator of the service we deliver.
Plain and simple, I would like you to be our next satisfied client.
I’ve owned my painting company since 1985 and I have been active in the PDCA since the beginning. I’ve noticed something about the “Good Guys” in our industry. They can easily answer these questions and provide you with the proof.
If asking all of these questions seems like a hassle, it is a lot better to do this up front then to end up living through a nightmare painting project.
These questions will provide you with significant information about the painting contractor’s reputation, policies, procedures and experience.
For each area simply ask the questions and ask the contractor to provide the evidence to support their answers.
Reputation and Stability of the Painting Contractor
- Are you licensed in Nassau and Suffolk Counties and will you provide us with your license numbers?
- Will you supply a copy of your current insurance certificate?
- Can you provide me with a reference list with at least 20 recent clients?
- What professional organization(s) of painting contractors do you belong to?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau and if so, what is your rating?
- Have you ever filed for bankruptcy for any painting company or organization in which you were an owner?
Experience and Operations
- How many residential painting projects have you completed in the past 5 years?
- What percentage of your clients are homeowners?
- What percentage of your business comes from referrals and repeat business?
- Do you hire part-time employees or subcontractors?
- Do you have a written policy regarding drug and alcohol use by your crews?
- Are all of your crew members subject to background checks?
- What type of training do your crews receive?
- Are you certified in Lead Safe Work Practices as required by Federal Law as of April 22, 2010 and will you provide the appropriate proof?
Service Before, During and After the Painting Project
- How many hours a day are you reachable on your mobile phone?
- How often do you meet with a homeowner to review job progress?
- Do you provide a price guarantee?
- How much of a deposit do you require when I sign your agreement?
- Do you have a record of all materials used on your projects?
- Do you accept credit cards?
We hope that these questions give you a helpful guideline for the type of information you need to make the right choice in hiring a painting contractor.
Every legitimate painting contractor in Nassau or Suffolk County will be able to provide you with their answers and the written evidence to back up their answers as appropriate.
We will provide you with our answers at our first meeting. You can also learn more about our company on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Tony and the other professionals at Color Your World are simply the best! They are skilled artists who take pride in their work and strive to make the customer happy. From wallpapering and faux finishing to traditional painting, we have been highly satisfied will all their work and we have referred them to friends time and time again.
If you are interested in painting one room or several rooms, painting the exterior of your home, office or business, applying a special paint finish to your walls or ceilings or installing crown molding, baseboards or trim my crews have the experience you would expect from a painting contractor with over 30 years of experience. Please see our Services page for a complete list of all of our services.
If you’re looking for an honest, reputable and stable painting contractor with a proven track record of quality work, reliable service and a stellar business reputation, call today at (631) 427-2595 for a quote on exterior or interior painting.
Thanks for your time and we look forward to making you our next satisfied client.